Year shipped: 1926
Headstock: Diagonal ‘The Gibson’ logo, aftermarket ‘Mono-Plak’ truss rod cover (this is not a Gibson part) reads ‘Johnny Temple’.
Neck/fingerboard: 20 fret fingerboard with pointed end, dot inlays from the third fret with double dots at the 12th and 17th frets
Body: Maple back and sides
Hardware: Silver-plated metal parts including wrap-over tailpiece and Waverly three-on-a-strip tuners with engraved base plate, mounted so that the cog is positioned above the worm gear (appears to have had a different set of tuners in the past). The pickguard is missing and the bridge is a replacement.
Notes: The guitar has been totally refinished. There is a repaired back crack and an area of binding has been replaced on the bass side of the headstock
Images courtesy of Stan Werbin